The Time You Spend With A Child Is Priceless
Children remember the time given to them by caring adults. Think back on when you were a child and the adults who took the time to be with you. No matter what your age, they are with you, even day. You could be that special someone to a child.
Many of Aspiranet’s programs rely solely on the gifts of time from volunteers and concerned citizens. Many report that they receive so much in return. Whether it is volunteering to be a full time parent in foster care or a few hours a week, tutoring students in an elementary school setting, Aspiranet volunteers make a difference in their communities by giving a child the priceless gifts of time.
There are several volunteer opportunities across the state:
- Become an Experience Corps Volunteer. Experience Corps offers adults 55 and older the opportunity to develop caring relationships with elementary and middle school students in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Rafael during and after school. Teams of Experience Corps volunteers tutor and mentor students, provide classroom assistance, and help out in after school programs. Additionally, volunteers often support youth in enrichment activities, creating art, reading books, or developing programs for children based on their own unique backgrounds and experiences. Through Experience Corps, children improve academic performance and build lasting relationships with caring volunteers; older adults experience enhanced physical and mental well-being, and Bay Area public schools become more caring and personal places. To learn more click here
- Become a MOUSE Squad Volunteer. Many schools have computers in classrooms and labs, but not enough technicians to keep them up-to-date and operational. So that teachers and students can access school technology, individual professionals or company employees with technology skills are encouraged to volunteer. We are actively recruiting volunteers in the following cities: Oakland, San Francisco, Foster City, San Mateo, Redwood City, Menlo Park, East Palo Alto, Mountain View, Cupertino, San Jose, Campbell, Salinas, and Lemoore. To learn more click here or call (650) 345-6338 or (408) 712-5912.
- Become an Aspiranet Foster Parent or Fost-Adopt Parent. Children all over California need loving, safe families to love and care for them. If you have time in your life, space in your home and love in your heart, we can help you share that with a child or sibling group. Aspiranet will train you, guide you through the home study process and once certified, we will match your strengths with a child or children in need. To learn more click here or call 800-439-1905.
- Become a general volunteer by helping your community learn more about the needs of children in your community. We need volunteers to:
- Adopt Aspiranet as your community agency for fundraising events, holiday gift campaigns or back to school drives
- Host dessert parties/brown bag lunches to educate your friends, family and co-workers to be foster or fost-adopt families
- Be part of our Speakers Bureau to promote volunteerism, fundraising, foster care and/or adoption to your civic group, house of worship or business association.
To inquiry about these or any other volunteer opportunities, click here to send an email inquiry or call your local Aspiranet office at 800-439-1905.