Post Adoption Services Insures A Permanent Connection For Children
Adoption is a life-long process and as such, the needs of children and families do not end when an adoption is finalized. Our REACH Program (Resources, Education, Advocacy, Crisis Intervention and Hope), was developed to provide and enrich support to all adoptive families once their adoption has been completed.
Its mission is to provide adoptive families with support and skills to become resourceful and knowledgeable, aware of and advocate for their family’s needs and to instill the values of hope, love and family.
Aspiranet’s goal is to strengthen and empower adoptive families, to respond to information inquiries, and to provide access to resources for adoptive families after the finalization. Services range from monthly educational trainings, information, referrals, youth development, early intervention, and newsletters to direct case management and crisis support.
The REACH Program is a collaborative between Aspiranet, county agencies, the Department of Social Services, and adoption services bureaus to provide post-adoption services to families in identified local counties. It is a community program providing post-adoption services to adoptive families.
Resources available free of charge to all who have adopted:
- Telephone referral line for local services
- Educational trainings regarding adoption issues
- Support groups facilitated by adoptive parents and social workers
- Resource guides
- Lending library
- Monthly newsletter -To sign up for monthly REACH newsletters, click here.
Educational and support events held monthly to learn and discuss issues on:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD)
- Emotional Disturbance
- Learning disabilities
- Conduct Disorder
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Separation, loss and grief
- Sibling issues
- How to talk to children about adoption
Advocacy to become resourceful and knowledgeable of using:
- Social workers as a resource
- Community resources
- Services and support
Crisis Intervention for families that need our resources:
- On-call social workers
- Community resources
Adoption brings Hope to many who experience it.
To receive read the latest issue of the REACH Newsletter in an Adobe® PDF format, click here and download a copy.
For more information on Aspiranet’s REACH program call:
- Aspiranet – Fresno – 559-222-4969 or click here to send an email inquiry.
- Aspiranet – Visalia – 559-741-7358 or click here to send an email inquiry or go to the REACH-Tulare Co. website